Posted on January 30, 2018 Updated on March 5, 2018
This entry was posted in News.
Posted on February 12, 2018 Updated on February 12, 2018
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY.
Shadows of the Mind Film Festival is fortunate to have many brilliant and dedicated women on our board of directors, and many wonderful volunteers who help us year after year.
Did you know:
This year we screened 8 films directed by amazingly talented female filmmakers? We also had many films focusing on strong, determined women who rise in the face of adversary including mega powerful Moms overcoming all odds.
Thank you to all the ladies who's stories we are lucky be a part of and highlight, and to all the women who attend our festival as patrons, panel guests or work at the venues to make everything run smoothly.
We still have SUCH a long way to go in the fight for true equality. Let's keep going! ... See more
THAT’S A WRAP!
Our 19th season has come to a close. This year, we had a record breaking attendance for the second year in a row, breaking our record of over 3,100 attendees last year with close to 3,500 in 2018. We have a lot of people to thank for our continued success.
• All our sponsors (including our media sponsor CTV)
• The health care providers including doctors, social workers, nurses, pharmacists and SURVIVORS for sharing their knowledge and experience during our panel discussions.
• Our volunteers at the box office, and ushering, some of whom are students.
• The staff at the Grand Theatre, Galaxy Cinema and The Tech
• The students and faculty at St. Mary’s, White Pines, CASS & Superior Heights for attending films and engaging in our panels.
And last, but certainly not least: YOU. The movie goers who make this all possible. We are a small volunteer run festival that gets just as much joy out of the festival as you hopefully do. Your continued support and dedication to the art of film is why we do what we do.
We will see you at Summer Shadows in August at Bellevue Park for some fun, and in 2019 for out 20th(!!) anniversary. Get ready to party!
- The entire Shadows of the Mind Film Festival team
(Photo courtesy of Riley Smith at SaultOnline. Missing from the photo: Aidan Mowat, Lisa Carricato, Brien Proulx, Paul Hurtubise) ... See more